Daniel Greenberg, Rosetta Product Manager
We are honored to celebrate World Digital Preservation Day 2019 together with our active, global and diverse community. We are proud to serve archives, national and state libraries, academic libraries, research centers, private companies and more, each collecting material with their own unique strategic significance, but all facing similar challenges which bring them all together in our community.
Institutions face dozens of decision-making points on a daily basis, each potentially risking the future safeguarding of their content. With the communal approach of mutual assistance, institutions are provided with a huge set of tools and best practices, and in particular, an assurance that they are in good hands.
White Paper: Exploring Digital Preservation in our Community
Preservation for Ex Libris is more than just a product. It’s a vision with a dynamic roadmap, and the result of the understanding that all of our strategic collections and archives will be accessible to our great-great grandchildren only if we invest in research and solutions now.
This year, we approached a few members of the Ex Libris Rosetta community and asked them the following:
1. Why is digital preservation important in your organization?
2. What are you trying to preserve?
You can read their fascinating responses in this white paper, which includes responses from:
- TIB, the German National Library of Science and Technology
- National Geographic Library & Archives
- HBZ – North Rhine-Westphalian Library Service Centre
- Bavarian State Library, Munich
- State Library of Queensland
- National Library of New Zealand
- The LIBISnet Library Network in Belgium
A big thank you to those who participated, as well as to the entire Ex Libris Rosetta community!
Download the white paper by clicking here.
Happy World Digital Preservation Day 2019!
noviembre 7, 2019