Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to a team of 5 Metadata Librarians (across multiple locations) to achieve business and customer results and to ensure the team’s career advancement is in alignment with content team values.
· Delivers team KPIs and monthly reports to track progress and success of team.
· Contributes to the development of overall metadata/content department and team strategies.
· Resolves difficult client, support, and sales issues in a time appropriate and professional manner.
· Applies appropriate content management technologies and establishes rigorous, scalable procedures.
· Works closely with business, content support, and technical teams as necessary to ensure that the final product meets customer and end-user content needs.
· Participates in close collaboration with software development team as necessary to help increase understanding of the requirements and optimize the effectiveness of design implementations in line with content workflow methodologies.
· Stays up to date on the most effective methodologies for content and metadata handling to support search effectiveness in an academic library/research environment.
· Oversees and contributes to the day-to-day operations, including record creation and updating, along with Tier 2 content support
· Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Library or Information Sciences, with at least 1 year of client service, technical support, and/or metadata experience in a supervisory capacity, electronic resource management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Aptitude for metadata standards and issues (particularly surrounding MARC21, AACR2, RDA), electronic resource management, and emerging technologies.
· Understanding of project management and ability to provide consistent follow through on commitments.
· Ability to work effectively across functional groups to meet aggressive schedules.
· Displays strong technical leadership skills and the ability to motivate team members.
· Ability to create or contribute to appropriate written documentation such as problem statements, business requirements, functional specifications, and other project support documentation.
· Attention to detail and accuracy while managing a high volume workload.
· Ability to learn quickly and efficiently within an environment of changing priorities.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities, and maintain strong relationships.
· Strong people management skills with the ability to motivate employees to succeed, and provide guidance for professional development.
· Excellent research, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile, and order data.
· Masters’ degree in Information Science.
· XSLT, XQuery, Ruby, and/or other programming languages that aid in data manipulation.
· Fluency in additional languages other than English.
Other important information about this position:
· This position is based out of our New Providence, New Jersey office location.
· Minimal travel may be required.
· This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
· Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.