|Location: Chicago (Des Plaines, IL)|
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
Who is ProQuest?ProQuest connects researchers with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. Our cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world’s knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information. Explore working at ProQuest!What you will be doing…As a Technical Consultant, you will provide system analysis, configuration, training and support in direct communication with customers. As part of the project team implementing the campusM mobile campus solution, you will travel to University and College campuses, and work directly with their IT departments to provide technical training and valuable insights on the new mobile solution for their campus.
Additional responsibilities include…
• Partners with the Project Manager and other team members to deliver against project plans and Statement of Work (SOWs) for new customer integrations/implementations.
• Performs system analysis as part of product implementations.
• Performs Ex Libris product configuration based on customer requirements.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots customer issues and requests and provides first line support to customers during the implementation cycle.
• Interprets and understands customer requirements and workflows and translates into solutions.
• Provides online and/or on-site product training for customers.
• Coordinates implementation activities extensively with other teams including Development, Cloud Services, Support, Sales and Product Management.
• Performs and documents implementation tasks using defined procedures and systems.
• Ensures customer success, by providing both reactive support and pro-active services to enable the customer to successfully implement and deploy product solutions.
• Mitigates technical dependencies and roadblocks to ensure a successful implementation and deployment.
• Serves as first point of escalation for customer concerns relating to technical issues and provides technical oversight and leadership for resolution.
• Provides customers with technical product advice during requirements definition and product discussions by working in partnership with remote development team
• Supports Sales teams in pre-sales demonstrations and technical discussions.
• Maintains a high level of awareness and ability to demonstrate all aspects of the campusM solution.
Qualified candidates must have...
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Science, plus at least 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Technical understanding of software integrations, web services and industry standard software concepts.
• Customer service experience in a business/technical environment.
• Excellent analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills.
• Capacity to learn new information quickly and keep up with rapidly changing products and processes.
• Flexible and adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances.
Ideal candidates will also have...
• Web service development experience.
• Experience with cloud-based or SaaS products.
• Knowledge of CSS and HTML.
• SQL knowledge, ideally Oracle, MS SQL or MySQL.
• Knowledge of Apache Tomcat and Apache Server.
• Java development experience.
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix.
• Experience with managing technical projects.
Other important information about this position:
• This position may be based in a variety of ProQuest office locations and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval. Ideal office locations are Newton MA, Des Plaines IL, or Seattle WA.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Travel is required (approximately 20%).
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.