· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field plus 6 or more years of experience in a technical role, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience.
· 4 or more years’ experience supporting Unix/Linux Systems (CentOS, RedHat Linux).
· 4 or more years’ experience in environments with hundreds of server instances and multiple terabytes of disk space.
· 4 or more years’ experience supporting and managing changes in a 24x7 online production environment
· 2 or more years’ experience developing infrastructure automation tools and processes.
· 2 or more years’ experience with Puppet, Chef, or other configuration management and deployment tools.
· Demonstrated knowledge of all of the following: Virtualization, Public Cloud, TCP/IP, NFS, SAN Storage, troubleshooting multi-tiered client server systems (preferably centric around VMware, HP Proliant and Cisco UCS servers).
· Programming and Shell scripting skills: (Some or all) Python, Ruby, PERL, ksh, bash, csh, C/C++
· Working knowledge of ITIL procedures, and infrastructure monitoring tools.
· Familiarity with the components that comprise an online service infrastructure including Unix/Linux and Windows servers, network switches, routers, data circuits and applications.
· Excellent problem solving and fault-diagnosis skills, especially for large complex systems.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment generating trust and building alliances with coworkers.
· Ability to managing multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work effectively across department boundaries.
· Ability to demonstrate high integrity and excellent judgment.
· Ability to assess risk and make timely decisions.
· 2 or more years of Storage Management experience (one of: SAN, NAS, EMC Symmetrix, EMC VMAX
· EMC Clariion; EMC VNX, OS Volume Managers and file systems).
· Professional certification with RedHat, VMware, EMC, Cisco, and/or Amazon Web Services
· Continues to increase expertise by staying current with industry trends through review of technical journals and ongoing education.
· Experience architecting and supporting applications on public cloud providers such as Amazon AWS.
Other important information about this position:
· This position will be based in our Chicago or Seattle office; the Boston location may be considered for internal candidates only
· Occasional travel may be required.
· This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
· 24x7 on-call rotation is required with the position for emergency and urgent operational issues.
· Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.