What you will be doing…
The primary responsibility of the Content Support Specialist will be to address client reported issues with metadata quality for our knowledgebase & discovery solution products. In this role, you will strive to provide premier customer support in an IT support environment. This is a part time role appropriate for professionals seeking to work less than 20 hours/week.
· Acts as first responder to incoming client-reported cases involving metadata quality issues or concerns.
· Analyzes reported issues to determine scope and severity.
· Implements fixes and/or solutions to resolve reported metadata issues.
· Communicates status and resolution information on all cases to clients via CRM software.
· Identifies and escalates more complex metadata quality issues internally for resolution.
· Provides assistance as needed on large data projects.
Successful candidates must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus a minimum of 1 year client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
· Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned cases.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ideal candidates would have:
· Knowledgeable of bibliographic metadata standards (e.g., MARC, BIBFRAME, RDA, FRBR) or aspects of electronic resource management within a library setting.
· XML, XSLT, Ruby, and/or other programming languages that aid in data manipulation.
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual (bike to work, workout onsite), we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. We are located near Century Link and Safeco Fields, in the "Home Plate" office building. We are within walking distance to quirky shopping and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live, play and work in Seattle, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.