Alma Tier 2 Support Analyst
Alma Tier 2 Support Analyst
|Location: Chicago (Des Plaines, IL)|
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. Our cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world’s knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information. Explore working at ProQuest!
The Alma Tier 2 Support Analyst provides product support to Ex Libris customers by logging, documenting, troubleshooting and resolving questions and problems related to the Unified Resource (Library) Management System, Alma.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides proactive and seamless customer support and maintains a professional demeanor.
- Trains customers on products as needed and attends customer conferences and meetings as directed.
- Visits customer sites as needed and performs customer care calls to maintain high level of engagement.
- Works with members of the Support Team as well as other internal stakeholders to troubleshoot Support Incidents, answer questions, and produce project deliverables.
- Partners with the Development team by keeping abreast of customer issues and meetings, reporting any product bugs, coordinating and facilitating customer feedback for urgent issues, and monitoring new releases issues.
- Manages personal queue of Support Incidents according to response level guidelines and escalates issues as needed.
- Answers and directs phone calls during assigned phone shifts.
- Remains on-call during off-hours to assist the 24x7 Hub system with down reports in the Global Support organization.
- Maintains documentation on processes used to perform job and creates knowledgebase articles.
- Stays current on all functional aspects of supported products and trains other employees as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Library or Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in either software customer support, implementation or development or library resource management services.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. system analysis, troubleshooting, debugging code, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of learning agility, with ability to self-learn, comprehend and explain complex product functionality and value proposition.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively across geographies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to enthusiastically and professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities.
- Ability to maintain productivity while working independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to participate in phone support shifts between 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Central.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Database SQL languages such as Oracle.
- Strong technical skills with information services (e.g. SQL, XML’s, networking).
- Flexible and adaptable to changing market and business conditions.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is located in our Chicago, Illinois office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.