Duties & Responsibilities:
· Conducts customer-needs analysis and create customized account plans for maximizing usage of services; including uncovering direct sales opportunities.
· Working with Sales to answer tenders, especially the renewal subscription tenders.
· Develops and conducts workflows to monitor customers’ usage on Ex Libris solutions and takes some preventative measures if needed.
· Regularly schedules and conducts public webinars.
· Creates educational materials utilizing learning resources, eLearning systems and video delivery software.
· Participate in technical meetings and discussions, working closely with Sales, PS and Support to communicate client issues and to establish, manage, and adjust processes for customer needs.
· Analyzes and diagnose best case uses for customers to maximize Ex Libris experience.
· Follows-up with post-training customer concerns, technical support or questions via email and telephone.
· Understands and trains customers to maximize implementation for a wide variety of discovery tools.
· Gives presentations at conferences and other events.
· Takes a proactive approach when appropriate by contacting customers, including but not limited to offers of training, issue resolution follow-up, and general consulting.
· Escalate queries, bugs and feature requests as appropriate; work with Support teams on such requests as needed.
Desired Experience and Education
· Master degree in a technical field such as Library of Information Science.
· Working experience in library, publishing or information industry
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Outstanding customer service skills and a desire to assist customers.
· Ability to learn new products quickly and to adapt to changes in delivered services.
· Strong analytical skills (system analysis, problem solving, debugging others/own code, etc.)
· Experience handling technical and/or customer support issues.
· Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. Great attention to detail.
· Self-starting, self-motivated, team player who has the ability to work independently as well.
· Good interpersonal skills: gets along well with others.
· Shares knowledge readily and recognizes own need to learn.
· Outstanding time management and punctuality.
· Proven skills with MS Office Suite of products.
· Experience teaching or training others, especially in a technical context.
· Experience using academic search engines.
· Experience writing knowledgebase documentation.
Other important information about this position
· This position is appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
· Occasional travel is required.
· This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.