What you will be doing?
· Provides proactive, seamless customer support in partnership with other internal departments in response to client service requests.
· Pulls open cases from Tier-1 shared queue, according to pre-defined guidelines, and becomes owner until resolution or until escalated to Tier-2.
· Maintains close contact and open communication with customers (documenting all work and customer communication in Salesforce)
· Works closely with Tier-2 staff to deliver exceptional service.
· Escalates complex issues to Tier-2 as necessary.
· Follows (and contributes to) internal troubleshooting procedures, as well as customer-facing Knowledge Articles.
· Provides manager with regular updates on common problems encountered and identifies possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
· Attends and reports on product updates or training sessions.
· Communicates important issues and information to team in order to improve team performance.
What you will need to be successful?
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience using and troubleshooting web-related technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS, Web Proxy, etc.).
· Knowledge of Unix commands for navigation, log analysis, and software configuration troubleshooting.
· Strong analytical skills (e.g. system analysis, troubleshooting, debugging code, etc.).
· High level of learning agility, with ability to learn, comprehend and explain complex product functionality and value proposition.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with ability to enthusiastically and professionally interact with a diverse blend of personality types.
· Ability to productively work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
· Proven skills with MS Office Suite products.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to participate in phone support shifts between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
· Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of MySQL, or experience with other databases (Python, Oracle, etc.) is desirable.
· Flexible and adaptable to changing market/business conditions.
Other important information about this position:
· This position is based at the Ex Libris office in Des Plaines, IL.
· Occasional travel is required.
· This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
· Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.