Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serves as the primary point of contact for the Proposal Writer team.
· Manages and responds to existing, in-house RFPs.
· Analyzes new RFPs as they come in.
· Oversees the response process, assigning leads as they come in, and communicating with various departments to facilitate this process.
· Communicates with all individuals involved with a specific RFP to ensure all deadlines are met.
· Maintains calendar of RFPs responded to for the year and draws statistics from this calendar on a yearly basis.
· Updates knowledgebase of information for boilerplate responses.
· Attends all RFP kick-off calls with the account manager and other necessary parties.
· Prepares for and attends weekly calls with Proposal Writers.
· Trains new proposal writers.
· Updates product overviews as well as sample RFP templates.
· Maintains complete list of live Alma customers and distributes to the Sales team.
· Coordinates and manages booths at major library conferences.
· Attends ALA Midwinter and Annual Conferences, ACRL Library Conference, annual company kick-off meeting, and the annual worldwide presales meeting at Headquarters in Israel.
· Assigns and performs other tasks as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or other related field plus 3-5 years of proposal writing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Familiarity with library systems, workflows and basic concepts.
· High attention to detail and ability to follow strict procurement rules.
· Ability to take initiative while keeping the big-picture in mind.
· Ability to multitask or shift tasks in order to meet changing deadlines and needs.
· Ability to work in a pressured, deadline-driven environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain effective relationships.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Masters’ degree in Library Science or Library Information Science.
· Professional experience working in a library.
Other important information about this position:
· This position is based in our Des Plaines, IL office location.
· Occasional travel is required.
· This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
· Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.