Leganto: Reading Lists for the Collaboration Age
Reading lists play a major role in academic teaching and learning, as a mean of facilitating knowledge sharing and conveying the pedagogic strategy. But how can instructors know whether the resources they share are the most effective for their students’ learning experience? How can they easily create reading lists and keep them up to date? And how can librarians ensure that required materials will be available to students at the point of need?
Ex Libris Leganto transforms reading lists into a collaborative, streamlined experience, helping institutions boost student engagement, foster meaningful learning, and maximize the use of library collections. Leganto bridges the gaps between instructors, librarians, and students by creating end-to-end workflows, facilitating collaboration, and integrating with the institutional environment.
Leganto for Instructors
Leganto helps instructors build reading lists that are relevant, easily accessible and interactive. Instructors can add all types of materials – from the library, their desktop, scholarly sources, online bookstores, or the web. It enables instructors to collaborate with peers to draw upon their knowledge, and with library staff to benefit from their help, expertise, and copyright management.
If you are an instructor, you can:
- Create structured, annotated reading lists.
- Leverage analytics and reports to gain insight into the materials that students use.
- Gain visibility into readings for other courses.
- Easily keep lists up to date, from year to year.
- Explore other relevant materials through automated recommendations of related content.
- Leave copyright compliance in the hands of the librarians.
Leganto for Librarians
Leganto strengthens the library’s involvement in, and contribution to, teaching and learning, by giving librarians the ability to better support instructors and ensure the proper use of materials. Tightly integrated with Ex Libris Alma®, Leganto enables librarians to monitor the materials added to reading lists and collaborate with instructors to construct lists that make maximum use of the library’s collections.
If you are a librarian, you can:
- Leverage your content expertise to support instructors in developing reading lists.
- Initiate relevant actions, such as acquiring, subscribing to, and digitizing items.
- Provide course materials more efficiently through Alma workflows.
- Easily scale up to support additional courses.
- Handle copyright clearance properly to mitigate risk.
- Analyze the use of resources to maximize the impact of library collections.
Leganto for Students
With Leganto, students gain easy access to all course materials on any device, through a single, intuitive user interface, seamlessly integrated with their course management system.
If you are a student, you can:
- Collaborate and share views, feedback, and questions with classmates and instructors.
- Discover new materials from peers' suggestions and automated content recommendations.
- Gather resources into a personal repository directly from discovery systems, scholarly sources, publishers’ sites, online bookstores, and other websites.
Serving the Institution
Leganto integrates seamlessly with the institutional environment, including the Ex Libris Alma® resource management solution and the Ex Libris Primo® discovery solution, as well as course management systems, authentication tools, and a variety of other services for academic environments.
Leganto is built on a proven, robust and scalable cloud-based infrastructure, which complies with the most up‑to‑date standards of security and high availability. Institutions can thus easily scale up with Leganto and support any number of additional course loads.
Contact us today to explore the ways Leganto can help improve the teaching and learning processes at your institution.
Increasing Instructo & Student Engagement via Course Resource Lists