Ex Libris, a ProQuest company is looking for a Java Development Team Leader to lead a team responsible for system integrations, design and development of web services, performance monitoring, capacity planning, defect management and 3rd line support. The Team Leader will assure the successful delivery of new features, integrations, ongoing maintenance, documentation and monitoring of our cloud services by working closely with both business and technical teams and managing development projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead a team of developers to assure high quality, timely delivery and implementation of projects.
· Provide leadership by assigning development assignments and balancing individual workloads
· Lead and participate in design discussions, create design documentation.
· Responsible for maintaining and driving unit test coverage.
· Responsible for code quality and maintainability.
· Responsible for application architecture and design.
· Supervise and manage the activity of the team - driving complete, timely, and on budget delivery of projects.
· Manage and maintain technical documentation.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining documentation describing system architecture, database and the various SaaS components.
· Manage team resources and track performance.
· Communicate project progress and other relevant information to stakeholders and management.
· Conduct code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to coding standards.
· Analyse and resolve performance related problems.
· Responsible for team estimation and effort management.
· Participate in on call/out of hours emergency support services.
· BSc Honours, in a Computer Science related degree.
· 2+ years of team leading in a software environment
· 5+ years of Java EE, Web Services and database development experience.
· Experience with SaaS architecture and design.
· Experience with Apache Server, Apache Tomcat, Linux, Spring, SOAP, REST, JDBC and Oracle PLSQL.
· Experience with Apache Axis 2 or similar framework.
· Experience with performance testing.
· Experience with unit testing.
· Ability to act as a mentor.
· Ability to lead and motivate a team.
· Excellent communication and time management skills.
· Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues.
· Ability to comprehend business requirements and software specification documents.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that includes an aggressive release schedule.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
· Experience with Student Record/Information Systems
· Experience with SSO and OAuth.
· Experience with Continuous Integration.
· Experience with Jenkins.
· Experience with Confluence.
· Experience with Jira.